The F-15EX Eagle II is a new addition to the U.S. Air Force’s fighter jet arsenal and is set to revolutionize the way the U.S. military interacts with the global airspace. Replacing the aging F-15C Eagle, the new model is a more powerful and capable fighter jet than its predecessor.
The F-15EX Eagle II is built on the same basic frame of the F-15 and uses many of the same components, with some notable differences. The F-15EX has two additional Weapon’s Stations, increased fuel capacity and more engine power. With its increased range and power, the F-15EX can stay in the air longer and fly faster.
15 Incredible Facts About The F-15EX Eagle II
1. The F-15EX Eagle is the first major redesign of the F-15 in over 40 years.
2. The jet has a maximum speed of Mach 2.1 and an impressive combat radius of over 900 km.
3. The F-15EX Eagle is powered by two General Electric F110-GE-129 engines that generate more than 100,000 pounds of thrust each.
4. The F-15EX Eagle can fly up to speeds of Mach 2.5 and reach altitudes of nearly 65,000 feet.
5. The F-15EX Eagle has an inflight refueling system, allowing for pinpoint-precise mid-air refueling and extended air combat operations.
6.The F-15-EX Eagle boasts enhanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities to ensure pilots can react quickly to combat threats.
7. Using a fly-by-wire system, F-15EX Eagle pilots can access maneuverability and agility that surpasses previous versions of the F-15.
8. The F-15EX Eagle’s digital cockpit can be updated with improved targeting, communications and navigation systems via software updates.
9. The F-15EX Eagle is equipped with new conformal fuel tanks that provide an additional 1,600 miles of range and improved maneuverability.
10. The F-15EX Eagle is equipped with an avionics suite featuring advanced software-defined radios, modern processors and displays, and improved navigation systems.
11. The F-15EX will feature a seamless network of embedded virtual and augmented reality displays, enhanced sensors, and enhanced connectivity to support new mission capabilities.
12. The F-15EX Eagle can carry up to 22,000 pounds of ordnance, including air-to-air missiles, air-to-ground missiles, laser-guided bombs, and precision-guided munitions.
13. The F-15EX Eagle is equipped with the state-of-the-art Raytheon AN/APG-82(v)X radar system and can carry up to 22 AIM-9X Sidewinder air-to-air missiles.
14. The F-15EX Eagle is designed to be the backbone of the U.S. Air Force’s tactical fighter fleet for the next several decades.
15. The F-15EX has an ability to employ a variety of weapons such as GBU-39 and GBU-44 small diameter bombs, Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) or supersonic Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles.